Monday 26 January 2015

Skills Rotation: 3D Towers

The 3D skills lessons involved constructing structures from DIY materials such as wood and metal. Our project was based of 'The Tower of Babel' - a myth about a Tower that people built to reach the Heavens, but failed because of the high altitude. 
To start, we created photomontages from our own pictures and materials as well as those from magazines and newspapers, and we then expanded these ideas into 3D paper sculptures. I based mine off of abstract fox shapes and a layered dress I found in a fashion magazine:

Next we experimented with combing materials as to how we could create our final tower:
I manly  played around with bamboo, binding tape, wire, plastic, twine and hot glue. I used my favourite combinations to create a fox like structure. I really enjoyed this project / rotation as i have always been inclined to include building materials into my work since my Dad is building an extension on his house so these materials have always been available for me to play around with. 




No comments:

Post a Comment