Friday 21 November 2014

London Trip

ldn
Our first college project is titled ‘Transformations: Cities within Cities’ and so we went to London around the St Paul’s and the South Bank area. We stopped at several locations to draw buildings in various materials on mixed media backgrounds that we had previously prepared. Here are some pages from my sketchbook:
IMG_2496IMG_2497Drawing whilst standing up was definitely a challenge for me, as was drawing buildings since I’d never really done that before. However, I enjoyed the experience and I’m excited to see how the project will develop as we will be creating our own cities.
Whilst in London we visited the Tate Modern and Tate Britain. I was amazed by the featured Phyllida Barlow exhibition – I was visually drawn to the hanging boxes as they reminded me of the Silent Hill movies where the siren goes off and everything starts to ‘decay’. The wooden frame / support also reminded me of the scene with the mannequins in ‘Revelation’ (pictured below).
IMG_2443 IMG_2446 IMG_2428 IMG_2431

No comments:

Post a Comment